Reykjavik Clay (RC) offers a communal workspace in our newly renovated workshop in Reykjavik.
The price of a membership is ISK 30.000 per month. Members can join from 1st or 15th day of the month. You must commit to at least three months with a notice of two months. The first three month as members are considered as a trial period for both RC and the member.
We are currently 18 members in our studio. You can join the waitlist, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You must be over the age of 18 to sign up for a membership.
Included in your membership:
- Our studio consists of 6 pottery wheels in a community setting.
- Your membership includes 2 shelves measuring 90*60 cm of storage space.
- Access to our slab roller.
- Selection of dipping glaze choices; we are open to personal glazes, which needs approval from studio technician after firing test titles.
- 3 stoneware clays including white/grey, light brown with speckles, and a red hand-building clay.
- One full kiln plate glaze firing monthly – does not roll over.
- Members are gifted 10% discount on classes and workshops.
- Access to our large hand-building area, wheel- and glazing area, all with plenty of table space for member use. • Various tools and materials for hand-building.
- Daily access (9 AM- 9 PM) even on holidays!
- Community kiln firings.
- A monthly 1 hour group session for members were we focus on developing your techniques.
Please note, memberships are intended for potters with experience, who are looking for a place to make their work and work independently.
Members must feel competent and confident in their ability to create pottery unsupervised and operate all studio equipment safely and properly.
Beginner and Intermediate classes are offered and recommended if you are not at a confident level. We can offer you classes to get you started.
Every fourth weekend from 09:00-15:30 as well as 2 weekly weekdays from 08:30–13:00 and 17:00-21:00, the workshop will be occupied with ceramic courses or other activities.
After studio orientation, it’s expected that Members can work within the workshop space without instruction.
Members understand that others working in the space are there to make their own work and not to teach.
Membership payment and termination
By signing up and paying for the first month's membership, you commit to a minimum of 3 months of membership. After the first three months, you are free to cancel your membership with 2 months’ notice.
A membership cannot be refunded or shared with others. Your membership can be terminated by Reykjavik Clay with one month's notice.